Parish of St Peter’s Barge
In accordance with the House of Bishops’ Policy Statements ‘Promoting a Safer Church’ (2017) and ‘Protecting All God’s Children’ 4th edition (2010) and the Diocesan Safeguarding Policy ‘Promoting a Safer Diocese’ (2018) our church is committed to:
- Promoting a safer environment and culture.
- Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children, young people and vulnerable adults within the church.
- Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation.
- Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons.
- Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons.
- Responding to those that may pose a present risk to others.
The Parish will:
- Create a safe and caring place for all.
- Have a named Church Safeguarding Officer (CSO) to work with the incumbent and the PCC to implement policy and procedures.
- Safely recruit, train and support all those with any responsibility for children, young people and adults to have the confidence and skills to recognise and respond to abuse.
- Ensure that there is appropriate insurance cover for all activities involving children and adults undertaken in the name of the parish.
- Display in church premises and on the Parish website the details of who to contact if there are safeguarding concerns or support needs.
- Listen to and take seriously all those who disclose abuse.
- Take steps to protect children and adults when a safeguarding concern of any kind arises, following House of Bishop’s guidance, including notifying the Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser (DSA) and statutory agencies immediately.
- Offer support to victims/survivors of abuse regardless of the type of abuse, when or where it occurred.
- Care for and monitor any member of the church community who may pose a risk to children and adults whilst maintaining appropriate confidentiality and the safety of all parties.
- Ensure that health and safety policy, procedures and risk assessments are in place and that these are reviewed annually.
- Review the implementation of the Safeguarding Policy, Procedures and Practices at least annually.
Each person who works within this church community will agree to abide by this policy and the guidelines established by this church.
The PCC of this Church agreed and adopted the above Policy via emails (due to lockdown) on 17th June 2020.
We have appointed Fiona Robb & Yulian Margaretha as our Church Safeguarding Officer(s). You can contact them on email@example.com
Copies of the Parish’s Safeguarding Children and Young People’s policy and Safeguarding Adults at Risk policy are held by Jing Gou in the church office.
The PCC shall review this policy annually. The next review will take place in June 2021.
Important telephone numbers:
Diocesan Safeguarding Advisers: 020 7932 1224 or Diocesan Safeguarding team
Thirtyone:Eight 24 hour helpline: 0303 003 1111
Family Lives: 0808 800 222 (Previously Parentline)/Childline: 0800 1111