Shona Hannant, has led the work with under 11s and their families since 2001.
St George’s Church Dagenham is a local church in a highly populated, low rise housing estate. The area was traditionally white working class but is now more ethnically mixed with the arrival of people from East and West Africa, Eastern Europeans and Asian Muslims coming from East London.
Her role includes:
- Leading a team of volunteers from the church family
- Training and equipping volunteers to teach the Bible to children
- Resourcing parents to bring up their own children in the Lord
- Co-ordinating creche, Sunday Club, toddler group (Snapdragons) and two after-school clubs (Little Fishes 4-7’s & Wednesday Club 7-11’s)
- Organising outreach events for families, an annual holiday club and a weekend away (The Ranch) for 9-10 year olds.
- Regular visits into two local primary schools, including assemblies, RE lessons, and whole school services.