Christmas isn’t cancelled! And we could all certainly do with some Christmas cheer this year! You are warmly invited to join us for our Carol Services. Why not take the time in the middle of your day to come for some carols and a talk on the Christmas message to help you get into the Christmas Spirit?
We could all certainly do with some Christmas cheer this year. Well, the good news is, Christmas hasn’t been cancelled! So why not join us for the St Peter’s Barge midweek lunchtime carol services. There’ll be carols, Bible readings, and a talk on the Christmas message. The carol services will both in person on the Barge for those who are back in the Wharf, and online for those still working from home. If you are joining online, please use the link below. If you are joining in person, please read the instructions below so that we can all enjoy the carol services in a Covid-safe way.
Wed 16th & Thurs 17th
Tues 22nd & Wed 23rd
All services are 13:15–13:50
Here is the Zoom link for both weeks. https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85607907221?pwd=QXExVndzbDN2NVRieUlyT2wxU0p0QT09
Meeting ID: 856 0790 7221
For those attending the lunchtime talk on the Barge, please read the information below. It is vital that you read this carefully.
Places of worship are not required to close under any tier of the alert system. All it means is that social interaction between attendees is more restricted under the higher tiers. So now under Tier 2 the only difference is that when inside the Barge you cannot now socialise with others outside your household or bubble, but you can do so on the quayside afterwards, under the rule of six. So please don’t let Tier 2 put you off coming to physical lunchtime talks!
Please pre-register to attend by filling in this form. This is a government recommendation but also helps ensure everyone attending is to the best of their knowledge fit and able to attend. If your guest doesn’t have time to fill in one before coming, a paper form is also available at the entrance on the Barge.
- Please bring a face-covering unless you come under the exemptions mentioned here. Face coverings must be worn throughout your time at the Barge.
- Service sheets will be available, left on a table for you to help yourself, but if you prefer to print off the service sheet at home (or access it on your phone) please do.
- If you have any COVID-19 symptoms, please do not attend
- If you do need to queue outside the Barge, please maintain a distance of 2 metres
- A QR code will be on the wall. Please scan it with your phone, if you are happy to give your details. This is for the government test and trace system. We also need to take your name and contact details at the entrance for our record for the next 21 days.
- On arrival please go directly to your seats, as there is no space for people to informally gather once they’ve entered the building. We need to fill up from the front, at the far end (the screen end), so that you don’t have to walk past others who are already seated. Once seated please do not move around the Barge, except to go to the toilet. If you need help for any reason, please indicate to the staff and they will come to you.
- Please do not move any seats.
- When the lunchtime talk has finished, please exit one row at a time from the screen end, and when you leave please head straight up the pontoon onto the quayside.
If you have any questions or concerns before attending, please do not hesitate to ask a Staff Member.
You must be logged in to post a comment.